The Alternative Staffing Alliance welcomes all alternative staffing practitioners, nonprofit and for-profit, and community development organizations that share an interest in considering this model as a workforce development tool to benefit their constituents. We also welcome academics, policymakers and other professionals who are interested in alternative staffing as a transitional jobs strategy.
Alternative staffing practitioner members are fee-for-service staffing service providers that place and support people with barriers to employment. Membership is by organization, and multiple individuals within a member organization are welcome to participate and fully share all the benefits of membership. Associate members include researchers, policymakers, workforce development organizations and other non-practitioners that have a professional or academic interest in the alternative staffing model.
Practitioner members receive:
- Access to peer network of practitioners, and facilitated communication for ongoing learning and solutions exchange
- Discounted annual conference and other event fees. Our 2015 conference attracted some 65 alternative staffing professionals from across the country for interactive workshops and informal networking
- Relationship-building with fellow practitioners via committee participation
- Access to Annual Performance Survey report, which analyzes key business outcomes and employment data from operators to help ASO managers benchmark their individual results, and demonstrate the sector’s collective scale and impacts.
- Publication of member profiles, news items and industry reports.
- Resource library of case studies and academic research publications, including a series of alternative staffing demonstration projects.
- Alliance-developed public relations and marketing materials
- Free webinars to help ASOs strengthen their sales and marketing activities.
- Staff resources to research business-related topics
- Email alerts regarding newly published studies and funding opportunities
- Access to sample business forms and documents
Practitioner members are invited to serve on standing or ad hoc committees. This form of participation ensures that ASO member needs and concerns are addressed and contributes toward sustaining a dynamic community of practice.
Associate Members receive:
• Discounted annual conference fees
• Access to Annual Performance Survey report and other Member Toolbox resources
• Practitioner and other sector news via email updates
• Resource library of case studies and research publications
• Email alerts regarding newly published studies
Associate members are also welcome and encouraged to participate on member committees.